Module 1 Video: Garden Planning for Beginners
This is the same training I offered as a free garden planning challenge. If you couldn't finish the challenge, or didn't sign up, this is your chance to learn these important skills.
- Learn how to create a wish list of plants.
- Create a garden plan, complete with seed starting and transplant dates calculated for your garden's climate.
- Draw a simple garden map.
- There are two separate tracks, one for flower gardeners and one for vegetable gardeners.
BONUS DOWNLOAD: Garden planning spreadsheet.
BONUS DOWNLOAD: Garden planning workbook
BONUS DOWNLOAD: Top 10 seed catalogs.
BONUS DOWNLOADS: Learn square foot-gardening techniques for your vegetable garden.
- *NEW* BONUS VIDEOS: Additional training for beginning spreadsheet users.
Module 2 Video: Intermediate Garden Planning
This training picks up where the garden planning challenge left off.
- Learn how to plan for all-season bloom in your flower garden.
- Harvest vegetables all season long in your vegetable garden with my succession planting techniques.
BONUS DOWNLOAD: Garden planning spreadsheet with tabs for all-season bloom and succession planting for vegetables.
Module 3 Video: Seed Starting
- What you'll need, and how to get started.
- Seed starting equipment. The best pots, soil, and lights to use.
- Seed starting how-to. We go over my entire seed starting process.
- How to germinate seeds.
- How to care for your seedlings.
- How to thin and pot up your seedlings.
BONUS DOWNLOAD: A shopping list with links to my favorite seed starting equipment.
Module 4 Video: Soil Testing and How to Amend Your Soil
- Why doing a soil test is SO important.
- How to take a soil test.
- How to interpret the results of your test.
- How to calculate amendments and fertilizers.
- How to keep track of your soil test results and your amendments.
BONUS DOWNLOAD: Soil tracking chart.
Module 5 Video: Season Extension
- What is season extension?
- How you can extend your growing season in the spring so you can start gardening sooner.
- How to keep your plants alive and thriving in your early spring garden.
- Season extension equipment and techniques. Things I've tried and recommend.
BONUS DOWNLOAD: A shopping list with links to my favorite season extension products.
Module 6 Video: Sowing Seeds and Setting out Transplants
- How to sow seeds in your square-foot vegetable garden.
- Easy techniques for quickly sowing seeds.
- How to harden off and set out transplants.